Wednesday, October 14, 2009

sled

for the second year in a row, one of my pics were shortlisted in our annual idg calendar contest! while both entries came up short as one of the final 12 (2010 winners has just been announced), i'm so glad that these pics were picked as one of the worthy ones to be considered. i'm using a lowly kodak cx7530, a model so elementary, i got it during a sale and was already in the market since 2004. this kodak cam is the same one, which i accidentally dropped when mark was giving it to me with the strap still around his right hand. this happened in shanghai in january this year and prevented me from taking any "spectacular" pics of shanghai's pudong area and beijing's historical sites. after 2 weeks, kodak repaired it to the tune of 1,600 since it was way past its 1-year warranty period.

last year, my "strike" made it to the shortlist...

this year, my "sled" was picked! yeheeey!

looking at the other entries, most of them probably used more powerful and sophisticated cameras. but my lowly cam allowed me to have a nice one. this was taken in the rolling hills of northern batan island, part of the capital basco, just outside the town proper.

big deal? yes! hehehehe! i don't have any budget for a nice dlsr. so i would still be stuck with my good old kodak for now. the right eye for a good angle and inspiration is already there (naks!), so i might need a good equipment in the future, so that colors and other features would be a lot better. till next year! (",)

No comments: