Wednesday, March 31, 2010

medan

since i got a midnight flight to jakarta, i needed to stay at sheraton before boarding a lionair domestic flight to indonesia's third largest economic center, medan. upon landing at polonia international airport, i took a taxi to go to jw marriott medan hotel, changed to my meeting clothes and met with my first respondent, who took me to a a nice restaurant for a meeting over lunch. he was kind enough to drop me off jalan asia for my next meeting. after that, i spent 20 minutes waiting for a taxi to go back to the hotel. but there was none. i ended up taking my first becak ride. then, my next meeting didn't push through, so i stayed at medan's sun plaza. after having dinner at merdeka walk, i took a becak to see maimoon palace and medjid raya mosque. both sites were already closed, so i just took pictures from the outside.

the next day was pretty much about meetings: breakfast meeting at starbucks in sun plaza, meeting at disty office. then, i went back to merdeka walk, stayed at mcdonald's for free wifi and checked my mails. my third day in medan was a quick one. i had meeting in the morning, at 10:30, i was off to polonia airport to go back to jakarta and catch my next lionair flight to palembang.





No comments: