Wednesday, January 25, 2012

4 years!

exactly 4 years ago, i started blogging. well, i've been doodling some of my thoughts prior to this blog but those were not for public consumption. as written here, i got the idea of this blog's name from my fascination of how other cultures create names, such as in georgians' case.

what finally made me start blogging was not at all something to celebrate 'though. it was a
smack talk about something (or make that someone) that annoyed me that day in 2008. i don't easily get riled but for some reasons, i was irked by some pangit who's acting as if balingkinitan (according to mark's words). to this day, that APO song still captures it (my sentiments at that time) all!

from there, i've written about
travel, food, tennis, movies - all tops on my list, as well as some on politics and religion, some dose of trivia and of course about family. my musings on life and some bad trip moments (mostly blind items) are here as well. there were bouts of dry spells (just 1 post in over a month), either due to busy times or just coz i got distracted by another site, e.g. twitter and tumblr. there were reposts of some articles and some entries with just an amusing youtube video on it. long tagalog articles are also here.

unlike others, i'm not blogging to get paid… and i think no one will be willing to pay me for writing (or copying in some instances) these things anyway. so when i see a whole lot actually reading some of my posted musings, it's always a nice surprise, moreso if they leave comments! for the longest time, my entry about hope was the most read one, but now… mark's words of wisdom about cinderella is actually lording over the charts (if there's such a thing!). jejemon entry was also a hit, as well as one about testi and beaches in the philippines.

traditional UK gifts for a 4 year anniversary are fruits and flowers… so i'll get me some streetfood fresh fruits later. more years of
musings!

No comments: