Thursday, July 25, 2013

aloft bangkok

contrary to what i experienced in amara hotel in tanjong pagar, singapore, aloft bangkok was a really nice stay. as in super duper nice. i already stayed here in june 2012 and it was a good one and this time, it was even better. 

first, i really felt welcomed. they gave me the feeling that they wanted me to stay in their hotel. unlike in amara singapore, where the feeling is almost as if you're just one of those passersby in the amara mall next to the hotel. second, aloft upgraded me to the urban room from the originally booked chic room. third, all amenities worked out quite ok. the coffee was not pedestrian like amara's. fourth, all staff were nice and always smiling. unlike in amara where everyone seems just waiting for their shifts to actually come to an end. finally, aloft allowed me to stay until 4 pm since my flight back to manila is at 6:05 pm. i went for a quick traditional thai massage and was stuck in traffic on my way back to soi 11 so i called aloft. and again, they gave me another 30 minutes so that i could check out properly. that's what you call service and care. unlike in amara singapore, where every minute seems to be a lost business for them when they're business is not of a contact center. 

till next time, aloft! 

No comments: