Sunday, May 12, 2013

Nagkaisang Nayon

it's always nice to give back and be given the chance to do so. there's this fulfilling feeling within you when you see people that you do not know having a good time during a little program, especially young kids. their smiles were priceless and the way they extended heartfelt thanks made me feel really good.

in early march of this year, our batch gave the 2013 graduating class of nagkaisang nayon elementary school (my alma mater) a graduation treat. food was very simple, spaghetti and barbecue + zesto. joan, our chairwoman, drew lotsa laugh during the short program. there was a gangnam style dance battle, which of course made all grade 6 students stood up. it actually felt as if we were in a showtime-like program. we gave cash prizes to the much deserving honor students. this activity allowed me to get in touch with my elementary school classmates and see and chat with my former teachers.  

my school days in NNES prepped me for the entire schooling journey. i learned all the basics and my stock knowledge from this institution. most especially, during my time in NNES, i learned to believe and depend in myself. times ahead may be tough but if you have faith in your skills, you'd go a long way. i owe a lot to my former teachers. not all former teachers were good and dedicated but i can say that majority of my NNES teachers were outstanding and really have the heart for teaching. my list of outstanding NNES teachers include lucia paras, rosa gutierrez, lolita ventura, priscilla cancino, elena dianzaon, margarita vinarao, helenritta miranda, gliceria alvano, aurora bernal, teresita ferguson, aida dela cruz, carmelita dela cruz, erlinda naoe, ceferina pomer, marilou ramirez, heidi alejo, corazon paracha, alicia batol, thelma sedigo and haydee basug. as my second parents, they instilled the value of education, drove us to study seriously and take this chance to make the most of this "privilege" given to us.








it was all worth it... the small amount of cash, the effort of traveling all the way to novaliches on an early weekday morning, the pre-event meetings. kudos to shiela cancino, who spearheaded this giving back program. till next time, batch 1992.

No comments: